Everyone has a dizzy spell now and then, but the term “dizziness” can mean different things to different people. For one person, dizziness might mean a fleeting feeling of faintness, while for another it could be an intense sensation of spinning (vertigo) that lasts a long time. A balance disorder is a condition that makes you feel unsteady or dizzy. If you are standing, sitting, or lying down, you might feel as if you are moving, spinning, or floating. If you are walking, you might suddenly feel as if you are tipping over.
There are many different causes of dizziness and balance disorders, including neurological conditions, problems with the inner ear, and even headaches and concussions. Whatever the cause, dizziness and balance problems can interfere with a person’s daily activities. They can affect the ability to work and even restrict the ability to travel.
Health First is proud to announce new medical equipment to help improve and provide better balance treatment to our patients. By incorporating vestibular rehabilitation into our care programs it enhances our treatment programs to improve overall patient balance. Health First will be providing structured therapeutic programs that help patients feel less dizzy and maintain your balance.
Our Balance Rehabilitation Program uses the most advanced technology and treatment to improve the quality of life for those with balance and dizziness problems.
Our multi-pronged approach entails:
- Creating an exercise program specific to your needs.
- Use of advanced medical equipment to diagnose the source of your balance issues.
- Therapeutic treatments and computerized rehabilitation programs.
- Education related to the problem causing your dizziness or balance disorder.
- Additional training in functional activities available through the Activities of Daily Living.